1. Browse articles about Japan
Our articles are organized by category and region for you to be able to easily browse the information on a certain topic or region you’re interested in. You can also use the search box and look for the information by keywords from the whole website or only from the articles, Forum, or/and Travel Photos.
Additionally, once you become a member, you can…
- [Bookmark] the articles to view them again easily from your account;
- [Like] the articles and [Share] them on [facebook] and [twitter];
- [Subscribe] to the category to receive a notice email every time a new article is posted in the category;
- [Follow] other members who liked the same article as you, and be followed by other members.
2. Become a member (Registration – Login)
Login to fully enjoy GetAroundJapan! There are three ways to login on GetAroundJapan.
- Social Login: Use facebook or twitter account.
- CDJapan Login: Use CDJapan account.
- Register your email address and create a new account.
How to create a new account
- Go to [Login] from the menu.
- Click on [Create a new account] under “Sign up for GetAroundJapan”.
- An email with a subject “Account details for [username] at GetAroundJapan.jp” will be sent to the registered email address.
- Click on the link on the email to complete the registration.
*1). The link is valid for only for 24 hours and can only be used once. It will not be valid from the second time.
*2). If you don’t receive the email, please check the spam/junk folder.
- Fill in the the required fields and complete registration.
If you couldn’t complete registration or left the page before completing…
- Go to [Login] from the menu.
- Click on [Forgot your password].
- Enter the [Username] or [E-mail address] that you wish to continue registering and click [Send].
- An email with a subject “Replacement login information for [username] at GetAroundJapan” will be sent to the email address.
- Click on the link on the email, fill in the required fields, and complete registration.
3. Travel Photos
Travel Photos is where members post photos and movies they took in Japan. All users (including non-members) can view the content but only members can post the content. A member will receive 50 points for 1 post. Points will be given after the post is authorized by GetAroundJapan, therefore it may take some time.
How to post photos or movies
- Click on [Post Travel Photos] on Travel Photos page or from your account.
- Enter information about the post by adding [Where were these taken?], [Travel dates], and [Title]. You can add multiple regions for [Where were these taken?] if the content is related to more than one region.
- To post PHOTOS, select the photo you wish to post from your file and click on [upload]. Add a description of the photo that is over 30 characters. From the second photo, click on [Add another item] and continue. You can post up to 10 photos in one post. Once you’re done, click on [Submit] and it will be published.
- To post MOVIES, insert the Youtube URL and add a description, and click on [Submit] and it will be published.
- To edit the post after being published, please go to [Travel Photos] from your account.
4. Newsletter and New content notice email
Members can subscribe to e-newsletter from GetAroundJapan. The newsletter will contain selected latest information helpful for visitors to Japan.
New Content Notice email
Members can subscribe to each category or region to receive a notice email every time a new content is posted. Click on [Subscribe to this category] button shown at the bottom of each category page.
To unsubscribe from above, click on [Unsubscribe] from your account.
If there is anything you don't know or are worried about before visiting Japan, post questions on our Forum. The members who have experience of visiting Japan will help you by responding to your post. You can also help other members by replying to the questions posted by other members.
How to post a question
- Select the category or region that matches the topic of your post.
- Click on [Post a question] button from the top page of each category or region, enter the question and post.
- You can edit or delete the comments from your account but not the question post.
6. Convert Points to CDJapan Rewards Points
Members can convert the points received on GetAroundJapan to CDJapan points anytime from their account.
When you’re logged in with CDJapan ID and password
Go to [Points] in your account and click on [Convert points] and they will be transferred to CDJapan points immediately.
When you’re logged in as a new user or with your facebook or twitter account using social login
- You need to sign up for CDJapan to create a CDJapan account. Please complete CDJapan registration first.
- Once the registration at CDJapan is completed, go to [Settings] > [CDJapan] in your account and click on [Connect]. This will enable your GetAroundJapan account to connect with your CDJapan account
- Click on [Convert points] and they will be transferred to CDJapan points immediately.
*The maximum points a member can earn each month are 500P. CDJapan points are valid for one year only from the date issued.
*All points will be converted once you click on [Convert points].
From north to south, the prefectures in each regions are as below.
- [All]: All regions
- [Hokkaido]: Hokkaido
- [Tohoku]: Aomori, Iwate, Akita, Miyagi, Yamagata, Fukushima
- [Kanto]: Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba, Tokyo, Kanagawa
- [Hokuriku]: Nigata, Toyama, Ishikawa, Fukui, Mie
- [Kansai]: Shiga, Kyoto, Osaka, Hyogo, Nara, Wakayama
- [Chugoku]: Tottori, Shimane, Okayama, Hiroshima, Yamaguchi
- [Shikoku]: Kagawa, Ehime, Tokushima, Kochi
- [Kyushu]: Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Oita, Miyazaki, Kagoshima
- [Okinawa] and other islands: Okinawa
If you have any questions or suggestions about this website, please contact us from Contact.